It turns out that none of them are rocket science:
- Take too long about what the pitch is about
- Speak at great length about your firm and its achievements
- Speak slowly and dramatically
- Make sure everyone knows you’re important
- Refer to your book, blog etc – worse quote from it!
- Avoid direct eye contact with audience
- Use technical jargon
- Turn down rehearsing
- Cram you slides with text, bullets and multiple fonts.
Now you’re ready…
We talked about it on China Global TV. (Cablevison 1150, Comcast 274, Fios 458)