Oddly bang on insight here reported by Agency Spy – now how come we didn’t know this late last century:)
To summarize, here are some “truths” for the young person looking to get into advertising according to the staff of McCann London:
- Advertising won’t make you rich until you’re at a senior level.
- Advertising isn’t most people’s go-to career choice. In England, for example, farming is apparently preferable.
- Hot people work in advertising.
- If you end up at the right agency, you will eat for free.
- Having an original “party trick” in your repertoire is necessary for making friends.
- Your parents will not understand that your new job in advertising requires minor alcoholism.
- Tweetin’ ain’t easy.
If you have any other questions yu can contact McCann on their Skype “Truth Line.”