Natasha Chance of Red Peak, keeps on getting the good stuff wrapped up on a page…
Welcome to 2012 everyone!
I can only hope you are all feeling refreshed, happy and super excited to be back at work though I suspect that this may be mildly optimistic. 2012 is going to be fabulous, believe it and it will happen. This is the year of the Dragon, let me hear you roar!
Let’s take a look at the world around us:
- What are the big ideas and tech-trends that will define our lives in 2012? David Rowan, editor of ‘Wired’ UK, unveils his predictions of NUI, social design, 3D printing and more for 2012: http://bit.ly/u8TpVh
- 5 Lessons From The Best Interaction Designs Of 2011
- Don’t look for breakthroughs.
- Embrace the mundane.
- Don’t buy into the hype.
- Look past the screen.
- Video is the only shortcut… Read more here: http://bit.ly/rTya6D
- Who knew that Ice Cube once studied architecture? Watch him wax lyrical on the Eames house in LA: http://bit.ly/ruuQBt
- Because it’s not always about us, here’s a collection of favourite photos from The Natural World gallery in 2011: http://bo.st/st1498
- Following up on the new HP logo debacle, the new proposed logo is a no go. “HP is one of the world’s most valuable brands and has no plans to adopt the new logo proposed by Moving Brands”. Oh well: http://bit.ly/u44aJs
- Brand New are known for their outspoken opinion on branding and design so see what you think of their list of the Best http://bit.ly/rU4o0s and Worst http://bit.ly/sKtnL6 Identities of 2011.
- This may be too soon for you, however… this is a blog we can really get behind, ‘The beauty of beer’: http://www.ohbeautifulbeer.com/
- IBM’s 5 innovation predictions for the next 5 years:
- People power will come to life. Anything that moves will create energy.
- You’ll never need a password again. Biometric data will be leveraged.
- Mind reading is no longer science fiction. Think about it and it will happen.
- The digital divide, or information gap, will cease to exist.
- Real time analytics and personalization will make junk mail priority mail… Read more here: http://popsop.com/52143
- A drive-thru Starbucks made out of shipping containers, hopefully the first of many. http://bit.ly/rRMEuK
- What are the new factors driving the hospitality industry market in 2012? Hotel guru, Robert Rauch, has provided some insight: http://bit.ly/su0F7c
INSPIRATION FOR THE WEEK
- You either love them or laugh in their face but the New Year Resolution list has been kicking around for a LONG time. The legendary singer-songwriter Woody Guthrie (who has inspired such talent as Bob Dylan, Joe Strummer and Bruce Springsteen) made his own “New Years Rulin’s” back in 1942 (see pic attached). Rulin’s of note are numbers: 15,18,23 and 5.